Resizing widgets with a mouse

How does one go about resizing widgets with the mouse?

I have a window with a fixed-layout widget (I'm assuming this is a good start) with several
framed widgets each containing a scrolled window.   I'd like the user to be able to treat
these frame widgets (or whatever widget I need wrap the whole thing in) to work same way
windows do, that is, drag a corner to resize, drag the title to move (or whatever close
equivalent there may be).  I've 'manually' resized them using gtk_container_set_usize and all
works well but I'm starting starting to feel like Rube Goldberg thinking through ways to get
the mouse interaction working.  Is there an easy way to do this or had I start rereading the
"Writing a GTK Widget" chapter?  ;-)

begin:vcard
n:Campbell;Steven M
tel;pager:8108708367@alphapage.airtouch.com
tel;fax:(248) 299-4830
tel;work:(248) 371-3324
x-mozilla-html:TRUE
url:http://www.sequoianet.com
org:Sequoia - A Panurgy Company
adr:;;107 South Squirrel Road;Auburn Hills;MI;48326;
version:2.1
email;internet:Steve.Campbell@Sequoia.Panurgy.com
x-mozilla-cpt:;-29536
fn:Steven M Campbell