Re: Accelerators

On Sat, 19 Feb 2000, Guy Harris wrote:

> An "accelerator" would be something such as control-F for:
>
>   {"/Edit/_Find Frame...", "<control>F", GTK_MENU_FUNC(find_frame_cb), 0, NULL},

This led me to another problem...
I would like to use delete as accelerator in a menu like this:

{"/Edit/_Delete", "<delete>", GTK_MENU_FUNC(delete_selection), 0, NULL},

I've tried both "<delete>", "<Delete>" and "delete", but the accelerator
definition seems to be silently ignored.

> 	Destroy the world []
> 	-
>
> 	Name [                  ]
>
> in a dialog box (the "E" in "Exciting" being underlined), then Alt+D
> would toggle the "Destroy the world" option regardless of whether the
> "Name" entry had the input focus or not, while D by itself would
> presumably put a "D" into the "Name" entry if it had the input focus and
> would toggle the "Destroy the world" option if it didn't.

After some testing I found that mnemonics without modifiers just won't
work in frames that deals with text input, but might be ok in
Yes/No-dialogs.

-Jens