Re: [gtk-list] Re: Accelerators

> With Windoze, you pass in a string with an ampersand preceding the character
> that should be "accelerated" as the name of the menu ... so, if you name
> your menu "&File", the F will be underlined, and the accelerator is Alt-F.
> "F&ile" would be accessed with Alt-I, etc.

	I think there may have been some miscommunication here.  This
"&File" business sounds exactly like the paths used in a GtkItemFactory
(which uses underscores instead of ampersands to specify the ALT-hotkey).

	Also, the GtkItemFactory lets you specify an "accelerator", which
is the shorthand way to invoke that MenuItem's callback.

	So the entry:

{"_File/_Save", "<control>S", file_save_cb, 0 }

	...would let you save a file by hitting ALT-F, ALT-S  or else by
simply hitting CTRL-S.

	Check out the GtkItemFactory.  I think it may be what you're
looking for.

--Derek Simkowiak