Re: [gtk-list] Re: Clists (Feature request)

Anders Melchiorsen wrote:

> Frank v Waveren <fvw@var.cx> wrote:
>
> > I couldn't find the program on your page... Could you send me the
> > program (would be usefull, as I said, I have no gtk experience), or
> > could somebody tell me how to make the
> > on_person_selector_list_key_press_event function the handler for
> > keypresses? Thanks
>
>   gtk_signal_connect(GTK_OBJECT (clistwidget), "key_press_event",
>                      GTK_SIGNAL_FUNC (on_person_selector_list_key_press_event),
>                      0);
>
> But the method Rene suggested for setting focus (changing
> clist->focus_row) will not work in browse mode of the clist. There are
> two kinds of focus (marked either by a solid block or by a thin frame)
> and changing ->focus_row only changes one of them. I therefore use the
> following function which is clumsy, but works. I would like to know if
> someone knows of a better way to do this through the public interface.

I haven't tried the code in browse mode.  I will now.

When I wrote the code, I wanted it to change the focus row only.  The
user hits space to do the actual selection. I wouldn't want a function
like that to change the users selection, it is only for navigating
through the list.

I will try to clean up the code, and submit is as an addition to
GtkCList.

--
René Seindal (rene@seindal.dk)			http://www.seindal.dk/rene/