Re: [gtk-list] Re: Problems with glib's gcond?

Hi, Benjamin

> > [modified so others can download as well. --BDK]
> >
> > export CVSROOT=':pserver:anonymous@anoncvs.gnome.org:/cvs/gnome'
> > cvs login
> > cvs -z3 co ORBit -r MULTI_THREADED
> >
> >  in ORBit/src/orb/orbit_thread_support.[ch]
>
>         Hmm...  This worked great, and was exactly what I needed.  I've
> renamed the functions from ORBit_async_queue_* to OB_async_queue_* and
> left the g_async_queue aliases in place.  I've also removed the custom
> threading stuff in the files.  As it is, this would be really easy to
> apply directly into glib.

Yes, that was my original plan, but I somehow never got around doing it and
I'm not sure, that it is general purpose enough to be added to GLib.

I might ask on gtk-devel-list about the opinions of the other developers
sometime in the future.

> This has fixed a lot of bugs I was having.  Is there any reason this
> ISN'T in glib?  I can almost see the argument againt putting this in
> glib 1.2.7,

That of course is not possible. It's the stable branch.

> but what about the next version of glib?  This seems like a generally
> useful thread function.

As I'm quite busy right now, that might take some time. One thing, that must
be changed in my opinion is, that you are not able to pipe NULL through thus
queue, which you should be able to. I'll have a look at it.

Bye,
Sebastian
--
Sebastian Wilhelmi                   |            här ovanför alla molnen
mailto:wilhelmi@ira.uka.de           |     är himmlen sĺ förunderligt blĺ