libintl.so.1 not found

hi,
i have installed Glib and GTK+ rpms on my intel pentium machine
running Linux 2.0.33. But , for all programs which need GTK
do not run giving an error for not finding shared library
(i have included a sample error output)

(I have a slackware installation on which i have compiled rpm 3.0
so that i am able to use rpm binaries. this works fine for all other
programs.)

please, tell me where can i find an rpm resource for libintl.so.1
or a tarball for source , to compile on my machine.

thanks ,

Abhijit.

/h/abhijitk # gnome-session
gnome-session: error in loading shared libraries
libintl.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
/h/abhijitk # everybuddy
everybuddy: error in loading shared libraries
libintl.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
/h/abhijitk #

Abhijit Kalamkar
Software Engineer - Global R&D Solutions
Wipro Technologies
#26, Sri Chamundi Complex, Bommanahalli,
Hosur Main Road, Bangalore-560 068, India
Tel: 91-80-572 2296   Extn : 1147
Fax: 91-80-572 2696
E-mail:abhijit.kalamkar@wipro.com
www.wipro.com
The World's First SEI CMM Level 5 Software Services Company