Re: [gtk-list] Re: Image Libraries

On Tue, Feb 01, 2000 at 06:40:26PM -0800, Timothy M. Shead wrote:

> Would anyone else be interested in such an animal?  Nothing else
> seems to fit the bill, and I'd be willing to take it on, if it'll
> get used ...

I'm interested in it!  I might be able to contribute a bit, but
whether that is helpful or a liability is probably up for debate;-)

gdk-pixbuf seems to have a good base of code, why not work from there?
I'm not sure it makes sense to rewrite all the image libs, at least
not at first.  My vague thought was to create some kind of
struct... maybe use unions... to attach extra data to images.

I have a patch for gdk-pixbuf that adds a save capability for jpegs.

Ciao,
--
David N. Welton, Developer, Linuxcare, Inc.
415.354.4878 x241 tel, 415.701.7457 fax