Picture refreshing

Hi,
   I am writing a program that works with another video capture program. It
generates pictures, and this puts them on the screen. I modified the example
in the GDK Reference Manual on drawing RGB images. It draws 1-3 images, then
it crashes with:

Gdk-ERROR **: BadIDChoice (invalid resource ID chosen for this connection)
Gdk-ERROR **: X connection to :0.0 broken (explicit kill or server shutdown).

The code is attached.

Thank you,
James