Combo box extensions (proposal)

Hello all.

I think I've had some idas that can greatly improve GtkCombo usability.
1) generate a signal when something gets selected in the list (now it
doesen't even generate a "modified" signal for the GtkEntry :-( ) or
2) use a GtkCList instead of a plain GList, so the user (programmer) can
pack various widgets in it, and have (for example) icons&text in the
list and just text in the entry. More useful: could store an "hidden"
value and later get the last value selected (often more useful than the
text in the entry... think about having a combo to select a supplier to
get all the articles he sold you from a database: if all you have is the
value in the entry, you have to run 2 queries: the first to get
supplier's code and the second to search the articles; but if you have
already available the code the first query is avoided...).

What do you think ?

BYtE,
 Diego.