sweep application, GTK errors

gtk-1.2.8:

I built Sweep, a sound editing tool.and I got the following when I started it, resp. when I tried to open a
sound file:

Gtk-WARNING **: invalid cast from (NULL) pointer to `GtkObject'

Gtk-CRITICAL **: file gtksignal.c: line 724 (gtk_signal_connect): assertion `object != NULL' failed.

Any clues where to look. Who do I have top blame: Gtk or the application?

--
Chris Christoph P. U. Kukulies kuku gil physik rwth-aachen de