Re: Combo box extensions (proposal)

Diego Zuccato wrote:

Hello all.

I think I've had some idas that can greatly improve GtkCombo usability.
1) generate a signal when something gets selected in the list (now it
doesen't even generate a "modified" signal for the GtkEntry :-( ) or

combo->list is a GtkList, which has selection signals.
combo->entry is a GtkEntry, which has all of the GtkEditable signals.

2) use a GtkCList instead of a plain GList, so the user (programmer) can
pack various widgets in it, and have (for example) icons&text in the
list and just text in the entry.

I agree. Limiting the combo box to only being able to display strings is bad.

Darin