Cannot get gtk to finish installation.

	I have been unable to configure gtk+-1.2.8 for the pdq program.
I had no trouble installing glib-1.2.8 ... the essence of the problem
is in the attachment ... despite saying it has found an earlier version
of glib "glib-1.2.6" ... it was initially in my computer, but I located
it and removed it, but I still get the result shown in the attachment.
	I have linux redhat 6.2 system which runs under a bash shell.
Bash does not have the two environment variables suggested by the gtk
program.  I have added the location of glib-1.2.8 in the /etc/ld.so.conf
directory. I have a new printer but cannot use it in my linux part of
my computer ... it works fine in windows.
	I'll be happy to get this problem solved ... I am 83 years old
and spend most of my time writing programs for myself or my wife. But
I am really a novice in linux because I only do something other that
programming or using internet.

Wes Dickinson in San Jose CA

--

checking for glib-config... /usr/local/bin/glib-config
checking for GLIB - version >= 1.2.8...
*** 'glib-config --version' returned 1.2.8, but GLIB (1.2.6)
*** was found! If glib-config was correct, then it is best
*** to remove the old version of GLIB. You may also be able to fix the error
*** by modifying your LD_LIBRARY_PATH enviroment variable, or by editing
*** /etc/ld.so.conf. Make sure you have run ldconfig if that is
*** required on your system.
*** If glib-config was wrong, set the environment variable GLIB_CONFIG
*** to point to the correct copy of glib-config, and remove the file config.cache
*** before re-running configure
no
configure: error:
*** GLIB 1.2.8 or better is required. The latest version of GLIB
*** is always available from ftp://ftp.gtk.org/.