Help with retreiving children?

Hi there...

I am creating an app using GTK+... I don't like global variables, or
exporting large numbers of variables to implement functionality.

I have a form with multiple entries and combos and spin-buttons and I
would like to be able to access those widgets without having a global
variable for each.

I'm thinking something along the line of using a function on the top-level
widget to return a pointer to the requested child-widget (requested by
name, since I did name all my widgets, and whats the point of names if
this isn't it?)

So if there's any functionality like this, or other suggestions, it would
be greatly appreciated.  I've been through the docs, unfortunately they're
a bit sketchy on the more complex topics.

Thanks loads,

Leeman
alaric@portone.com