RE: GtkEditable forcing of scrolling

As seen by the application user, "snap to", would cause the text of interest to
be displayed instantaneously.  An example of this would be the buttons that
sometimes appear above and below vertical scroll bars to go to the begining and
ends of a text widget.  Conversely, "scrolling", as seen by the application
user, would show the text moving up/down until the text of interest is
displayed.  Activatling an up/down arrow connected to a scroll bar would be an
example of this.

A good analogy for what I am trying to do would be with finding a page in a book
with a bookmarker on say page 32.  Now if you wanted to find page 32, you could
either turn one page at a time (i.e. scrolling) or simply open the book at the
bookmark (i.e. snap to).  The problem I am having is that I am unable to freeze
the text, move the cursor to a new location, emit a "changed" or "value_change"
signal, and then thaw the text so that, to the enduser, the text found apprears
without any scrolling.  Does this help clarify things?

				-- Stupid Genius