Re: Compilation/use problem

Check to see that 1.2.8 got installed to the same location that 1.2.7 was
installed previously.  The default location with a vanilla ./configure
uses /usr/local as the root location (putting the libraries in
/usr/local/lib)  if 1.2.7 is rooted in /usr then there's gonna be a
problem.  If the original install is an rpm I suggest removing it before
compiling/installing the new version.

If you do tell configure to root the install to the same location as the
have the older libraries available (not a bad thing, but space consuming).

Leeman Strout
alaric@portone.com