Re: How to trap key strokes from the keyboard

"Anil 19 Kumar" <anil_19@lycos.com> writes:
> Hi,
>
> 	I want  my application to receive keystrokes from the keyboard when it is not having focus.  Please suggest a method for doing this.........
>

> email: anil@iiit.net

The only way to do it is to bind to specific keycodes using Xlib
directly (XGrabKey), see gnome-core/panel/global-keys.c for an
example. (cvs.gnome.org/lxr is a way to see this without using CVS).

Maybe you really just want to grab the focus with
gdk_pointer_grab/gdk_keyboard_grab?

Havoc