Re: Still the highspeed pixmap problem !!

Hi there,

thanx for your mails...
I guess I must change the structure of my code.
I have now a question concerning scrolling:

I must copy so many 32 x 32 pixel pixmaps because of the scrolling.
That means if you want to scroll 1 pixel left, I must move all viewed pixmaps 1
pixel right.
If I would be able to do the scrolling like "only changing the view pointer one
pixel left" I dont have to copy all pixmaps.
This would solve my speed problem, but the whole scenario must be in my memory.

Unfortunally my scenario can be 20000 x 20000 pixels.
My question:
How does the scrolled gtk widget work ?
Is it possible to create a virtuell pixmap with a size of 20000 x 20000 pixels
and you see only 800 x 640 ?
And you can scroll with scrollbars through this pixmap?
If this would be possible, my speed problem is solved, because I must only copy
the modified pixmaps into the viewed part of this virtuell pixmap. Perhaps I
dont understand how the gtk scrolled widget works:
perhaps it works only with a pixmap greater than the viewed part and the whole
pixmap must be into memory at any time.If it works like this I have a memory
problem...

Any ideas
Many many thanx
Arndt