Re: Still the highspeed pixmap problem !!

Arndt Schwaiger <arsc0001@stud.uni-sb.de> writes:

> My pixmap high speed pixmap problem:
> I have to copy over 500 pixmaps with a size of 32 x 32 pixels without
> mask, 200-300 pixmaps with a size of 40 x 40 pixels WITH mask into a
> drawing area with the size of 800 x 600 with 16 bit colors.
> I must do this every 0.05 seconds and I must copy all pixmaps because
> all of them can be changed in only one frame.
> This is by the way also a scroll routine..
> It works but not in 0.05 seconds... it works with 0.3 - 0.5 seconds ! I
> am using an intel celeron 433 and a diamond viper v770. And it is really
> too slow....
> Is it possible to make this faster ?

No, I don't think you'll be able to copy that many pixmaps in .05
seconds. You're going to need to rethink the structure of your code so
you don't have to do it that way.

If you look at some game programming libraries like SDL, or consult
some people who write games, they probably have some ideas.

Havoc