Re: [gtk-list] that pixmap engine/GtkEntry problem again

On Mon, 24 Apr 2000, Paul Barton-Davis wrote:

> Is there any chance of a fix to the problem of the pixmap engine
> messing up the style of a GtkEntry ? If the GtkEntry has colors set
> for the background, the pixmap engine just ignores them. This is
> incredibly annoying. Is a fix in the pipeline somewhere ?
>
> I use different colored bg's for GtkEntry's quite a lot to indicate
> various things, and it makes it impossible to use a pixmap theme with
> these applications. Truly painful.

  I'm setting different color of text of GtkEntry for that purpose and it
works fine with current implementation of GTK (and seems it will look better
than seting background of the entry to another color since there is a
probability that combination of colors you use for text foreground and
entry background will be ugly. May be you can use this too?

 But of course the bug should be fixed.