[gtk-list] Re: Gtk-Perl & GnomeStock

Dermot wrote:

> >  Is there another alternative [to gnome_stock_pixmap] that I don't
> >  seem to be finding?

> $widgets->{'button33'} = Gnome::Stock->button('Button_Ok' ); will create
> a stock button. Check the Gnome docs/headers for an enum of all the possible
> stock button type - gnome-libs/libgnomeui/gnome-stock.h if you have the
> gnome-libs sources.

Unfortunately, the stock buttons are far more limited than the pixmaps.
There are plenty of things like Ok buttons and cancel buttons under the
stock_button category, but if you want to use one of the stock_pixmaps,
you really need to use something like Gnome::Stock->pixmap, which
unfortunately doesn't seem to be bound (yet?).

If there is not another alternative, I can certainly deal without the
stock pixmaps in my program for now... such is life when trying to use an
under-development library.

My thanks go out to everyone who has been contributing to gtk, gnome, and
the perl bindings.

James