Re: [gtk-list] Re: GTK+ 1.2 on AIX

On Mon, 27 Sep 1999 20:56:18 +0200, Christian Starkjohann <cs@obdev.at>  said:
>   - The installed cc creates binaries which don't run, too. It's probably
>     also an older version.

Hmm.. this *may* be fixable, depending what 'cc' you have installed.
There's an *amazing* amount of free patches available from IBM.

If you create a 'hello.c', and compile it with a 'cc -qlist hello.c',
it should create a 'hello.lst' file, and the first line should
have the compiler version in it.

> Now an other question: Would anybody with AIX 4.x be willing to compile a
> (commercial) application for me? It needs GTK+ 1.2.3 or an older 1.2 version,
> maybe 1.2.5 works, too.

Sorry, have to draw the line someplace.  I can advise/comment, but
all my AIX boxen are University property, so commercial activity is
"over the line"... ;)

				Valdis Kletnieks
				Computer Systems Senior Engineer
				Virginia Tech