GTK+ 1.2 on AIX

Hi,
I've still not been able to get GTK+ 1.2.x running on AIX 4.2. [Thanks to
Valdis Kletnieks for his hints, but the linker did not like the options
suggested.].

I've downloaded GTK+ 1.2.4 and had to adjust the following:
  - include sys/signal.h instead of signal.h in glib/gerror.c
  - replace the MB_CUR_MAX with what it expands to (some place seems to
    redefine it)
  - copy a set of /usr/include/X11/extensions/ headers to the machine, it was
    obviously missing although the xext library is there.

After these changes, glib and gtk+ version 1.2.4 compiled and linked well.
In an attempt to run testgtk, however, I received a segmentation fault:

cs@ekpis2> ./testgtk
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

Not surprising, if you look at the size of the binary:

cs@ekpis2> ls -l testgtk
-rwxrwxr--   1 cs       quarks       3226 Sep 24 02:16 testgtk

It's probably a linker problem, but I have almost no experience with AIX and
don't know what to try next.

Here's some more information about the machine:

cs@ekpis2> gcc -v
Reading specs from /usr/local/lib/gcc-lib/rs6000-ibm-aix3.2.5/2.8.0/specs
gcc version 2.8.0

cs@ekpis2> uname -a
AIX is2 2 4 000008723500

I have run configure with option --without-threads.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Christian.

--
Dipl.-Ing. Christian Starkjohann