Re: [gtk-list] Re

dkampman@xs4all.nl wrote:

> In my program I use a foreground (parent) process as the
> GUI-input and in the background runs a second process generated
> with fork().

I would highly recommend using the pthread libraries instead.  I've also found
that the gdk_input_add() function is very useful for this kind of programming.

Please let me know what kind of luck you have ... I'd be interested in knowing
more about your app.  Sounds like a MIDI patcher?  What is the external synth?

Needless to say, I do a good amount of this kind of programming myself, when
I'm not fixing machines and gear that is.

Dave Topper
--
Technical Director - Virginia Center for Computer Music
http://www.people.virginia.edu/~djt7p