Re: [gtk-list] Re: Re

> dkampman@xs4all.nl wrote:
>
> > In my program I use a foreground (parent) process as the
> > GUI-input and in the background runs a second process
> > generated
> > with fork().
>
> I would highly recommend using the pthread libraries instead.
I've also found
> that the gdk_input_add() function is very useful for this kind
of programming.

> Please let me know what kind of luck you have ...

The "_exit(0)" solution sufficed to solve the problem. I shall
try the pthread library in a next version

> I'd be interested in knowing
> more about your app.  Sounds like a MIDI patcher?  What is the
> external synth?

Experimental program, which I already used under Atari,
Windows3.1, OS/2, Linux with the XForms Toolbox and now with the
GTK Toolbox. The program controls a Roland JV 1080 and produces
serial, aleatoric, microtonal, organized sound, which can be
redirected via the soundcard to .wav-files, which can be written
to CD.

Thanks for your advice.

Dick Kampman