"configure" GTK problem on the SUN under SunOS 4.1

Hello All,

I am trying to compile GTK and MC(Midnight Commander) on SUN under SunOS
4.1.
I "configure  --prefis=$HOME/local" -> "make" -> "make-install" the glib
1.2.4 in the $HOME/local. After this I run "configure" for the GTK and
MC and in the both cases I got the same error. I tryed to play with
environment variables but it didn't help.

I have installed only one version of the glib, when I did uninstall this
"configure"
script couldn find the glib.

Can anyone who has experience with this staff give me an advice how to
handle it.

Thank you for any help and proposals.
Dmitry.

******************************
"configure" results for the GTK+ 1.2.4
******************************
ecking for extra flags to get ANSI library prototypes... none needed
checking for extra flags for POSIX compliance... none needed
checking for glib-config...
/usr11/eistwo/home/koshkin/local/bin/glib-config
checking for GLIB - version >= 1.2.4...
*** 'glib-config --version' returned 1.2.4, but GLIB
(-1646018656.-1646018656.-1646018656)
*** was found! If glib-config was correct, then it is best
*** to remove the old version of GLIB. You may also be able to fix the
error
*** by modifying your LD_LIBRARY_PATH enviroment variable, or by editing
*** /etc/ld.so.conf. Make sure you have run ldconfig if that is
*** required on your system.
*** If glib-config was wrong, set the environment variable GLIB_CONFIG
*** to point to the correct copy of glib-config, and remove the file
config.cache
*** before re-running configure
no
configure: error:
*** GLIB 1.2.4 or better is required. The latest version of GLIB
*** is always available from ftp://ftp.gtk.org/.

"configure" results for the Midnight Commander. (mc)
checking whether catgets can be used... no
checking for msgfmt... msgfmt
checking for gmsgfmt... msgfmt
checking for xgettext... :
checking for catalogs to be installed...  ca cs da de el es es_ES fi fr
hu it ja ko no pl ro ru sv wa zh_TW.Big5
checking for glib-config...
/usr11/eistwo/home/koshkin/local/bin/glib-config
checking for GLIB - version >= 1.2.0...
*** 'glib-config --version' returned 1.2.4, but GLIB
(-1646018656.-1646018656.-1646018656)
*** was found! If glib-config was correct, then it is best
*** to remove the old version of GLIB. You may also be able to fix the
error
*** by modifying your LD_LIBRARY_PATH enviroment variable, or by editing
*** /etc/ld.so.conf. Make sure you have run ldconfig if that is
*** required on your system.
*** If glib-config was wrong, set the environment variable GLIB_CONFIG
*** to point to the correct copy of glib-config, and remove the file
config.cache
*** before re-running configure
no
configure: error: Test for GLIB failed.  MC requires GLIB.