Re: [gtk-list] Re: Optimum way to set the width of a clist

Havoc Pennington wrote:

> On Wed, 22 Sep 1999 lightmanaj@earthlink.net wrote:
> > make the width of the scrolled window the same as the width of the
> > entire clist?
> >

> I think it will work if you set the horizontal scroll policy to NEVER
> instead of AUTOMATIC. If not let us know.

	This works. But then there are another problem. How can I to limit the size of
the scrolled window ? If the clist is too big the result window is bigger than
screen.

	I have tried to catch the configure, size_request/allocate events and, if the
width is greater than i.e. 1280, setting a fixed width of 1280 and horizontal
scroll policy to AUTOMATIC.
The result is ugly, the window resizes itself to the minimum size of clist ...

	Thanks,

		- José Miguel