Missing files in GTK+1.2.3 rpm package?

Dear Friends,

I am new to GTK+.

I just installed GTK+-1.2.3 RPM and glibc rpm package on my Red Hat 6.0, and met the following
problem.

When I tried to complile a small program in the GTK Tutorial, gcc Hello.c -o Hello 'gtk-config
--cflags --libs',

I got the following error message:
*******************error message**************************
gcc: gtk-config --cflags --libs: No such file or directory
In file included from /usr/include/gdk/gdktypes.h:33,
                 from /usr/include/gdk/gdk.h:31,
                 from /usr/include/gtk/gtk.h:31,
                 from Hello.c:1:
/usr/include/glib.h:66: glibconfig.h: No such file or directory

After locating gtk-config, which is in /usr/bin/, I tried "gcc Hello.c -o Hello '/usr/bin/gtk-config
--cflags --libs'", still got the same error message.

I checked the FAQ, a file gtk-config.txt is mentioned to have more information, but I couldn't find
it on my installation. I even checked the rpm package, there is no such file.

What's wrong with this? Where can I find that gtk-config.txt to guide to set up GTK+?

Thanks for your comments!

Liguo (Leo)