Re: [gtk-list] ANNOUNCE: Glade 0.5.3 available

John C Atkeson wrote:

> Glade 0.5.3 is available at http://glade.pn.org
> Glade is a user interface builder for GTK+ & Gnome.
> <<
>   Hey,
>   I installed Glade 0.5.2 on my Red Hat 5.2 system recently, using the
> rpm without gnome, and over top of gtk-1.2.3.
>
>   It looks really good, has a lot of potential, but there were some
> problems...
>
>   First is that when I dropped a new table onto the window, the table was
> impossible to remove or edit thereafter.  All attempts at selecting the
> table only selected the cells it was made of.

Hold the Shift key and keep selecting a widget and it will select its parent,
then its grandparent etc.

Alternatively open the widget tree from the View menu and select the table
widget there.

>   The second is that when I hit "generate source" glade segfaulted and
> went kerpow.

Are you using a GTK+ theme? This used to cause segfaults quite often.
It may be fixed in 0.5.3, since I removed the style-related code.

If not, a stack trace or the XML file that causes the problem would be
very useful.

Damon