Re: [gtk-list] Re: Problems compiling in HP

On Thu, 16 Sep 1999 11:42:18 +0200 (METDST), Antonio Matias Moro Munnoz wrote:
>      First of all thanks to all that have tryied to help me with
> comments.
>      I have seen that the gcc compiler is installed in the system,
> under /usr/local/bin while the cc compiler (which seems to be the default
> as it is in the $CC enviroment variable) is in /usr/bin. When I run
> configure I get:

> checking host system type... hppa2.0-hp-hpux10.01
> checking build system type... hppa2.0-hp-hpux10.01
> checking for ranlib... (cached) ranlib
>
> checking for gcc... (cached) cc   <--------------------IS THIS CORRECT?

No, this is not correct. Configure uses its cached values, remove
config.cache before you run configure.

> checking whether the C compiler (cc -Aa -z -DANSI -D_INCLUDE_XOPEN_SOURCE
> -I/usr/include/Motif1.2 -I/usr/include/X11R5 -I/usr/local/imsl/include )
> works... yes
> checking whether the C compiler (cc -Aa -z -DANSI -D_INCLUDE_XOPEN_SOURCE
> -I/usr/include/Motif1.2 -I/usr/include/X11R5 -I/usr/local/imsl/include )
> is a cross-compiler... no
> checking whether we are using GNU C... (cached) no
> checking whether cc accepts -g... (cached) yes
> checking for non-GNU ld... (cached) /usr/bin/ld
> checking if the linker (/usr/bin/ld) is GNU ld... (cached) no
> checking for BSD-compatible nm... (cached) /usr/bin/nm -p
>
>      The question is now, how can specify to glib which compiler
> should use? I guess this should be done when executing  configure but I
> haven't found the option to that in the configure help.

In csh/tcsh (you can figure out yourself for sh/bash):

For the C compiler:

  setenv CC gcc

The C flags:

  setenv CFLAGS "-g -Wall"

The C++ compiler:

  setenv CXX g++

The C++ flags (may overlap with the CFLAGS):

  setenv CXXFLAGS "-O2"

The linker flags:

  setenv LDFLAGS "-g"

Erik

PS: these environment variables are just examples...

Phone: +31-15-2785859  Fax: +31-15-2781843  Email J.A.K.Mouw@its.tudelft.nl