Re: [gtk-list] GTK+ 1.2.4 Install problems

Tim Schaab wrote:

> Greetings all,
>         I'm a newbie here in the linux and GTK departments.  I have been trying
> to install GTK+ 1.2.4 on my Redhat 6 system, but it keeps telling me the
> version of glib is being reported wrong when I run ./configure .
> glib-config returns 1.2.4, but it say's it finds version 1.2.0, which I
> have no knowledge of installing.  I don't know how to go about
> uninstalling 1.2.0 or otherwise fixing this problem.  does anyone have
> any ideas to offer?  Thanks.
>
> --
> Tim Schaab
> Witte Hall Web Designer - http://housing.wisc.edu/witte
>
> These opinions are mine, not those of the University of Wisconsin -
> Madison.   It is the opinion of the University that I should be working
> on my homework.
>
> --

Hey Tim:

  I had exactly the same problem.  It really screwed me up, so I had to
re-install.  Then I went to v. 1.2.3 since it has rpms.  Anyway, I'm on the list,
but if you get any responses that don't go to the list, could you forward to me?

Thanks,
Paul

p.s. I now think I'm back to version 1.2.1 since 1.2.3 seemed to cause a few
harless looking but still annoying errors with linuxconf, and probably other
applications that use gtk.  I tried upgrading linuxconf but that didn't work
either...