GTK+ 1.2.4 Install problems

Greetings all,
	I'm a newbie here in the linux and GTK departments.  I have been trying
to install GTK+ 1.2.4 on my Redhat 6 system, but it keeps telling me the
version of glib is being reported wrong when I run ./configure .
glib-config returns 1.2.4, but it say's it finds version 1.2.0, which I
have no knowledge of installing.  I don't know how to go about
uninstalling 1.2.0 or otherwise fixing this problem.  does anyone have
any ideas to offer?  Thanks.

--
Tim Schaab
Witte Hall Web Designer - http://housing.wisc.edu/witte

These opinions are mine, not those of the University of Wisconsin -
Madison.   It is the opinion of the University that I should be working
on my homework.