Re: multirow/multicolumn button boxes

from the quill of "Rene' Seindal" <rene@seindal.dk> on scroll
<37D27402.8CA6801A@seindal.dk>
> I did this recently using a table, but resizing caused me quite a bit
> of
> problems, which I have solved.

Excellent!

> This is described in a previous message
> to the list.

But alas, there do not seem to be any working archives anywhere.
Certainly not the "official" Redhat ones anyway (the last few times I
looked anyway).  ~sigh~

> It was for a photo thumbnail browser. I'll send you the
> code, if you want it.

I would like that, please.  The code off-list obviously.

> If I am not mistaken, buttonboxes are just h/vboxes with buttons
> packed
> inside, so you won't get them to wrap around, as h/vboxes don't wrap
> around (and probably shouldn't).

Yeah that is what I figured they were as well.

I wonder if it is worthwhile to make a "Widget" out of your code, such
that it is generic and can be used just like other buttonboxes and would
automatically resize itself to fit the container it is in?  Would the
GTK project be interested in a multi-row/multi-column button box?

> I think you have to settle for a table which you then resize
> appropriately. Works for me with my image thumbnail buttons.

Well if you have already gone to the trouble of writing that, that is no
problem.:-)  I would like to make it a widget that resizes itself
properly though.

Thanx,
b.

--
Brian J. Murrell                              InterLinx Support Services, Inc.
North Vancouver, B.C.                                             604 983 UNIX