Re: [gtk-list] Loading image types other than xpm/xbm

Sean Cody wrote:

> I cannot seem to figure out how to load images other than xbm's as the
> graphics I want to use are jpgs,bmps,pngs etc.
>
> I tried using
> #define FILENAME "test.jpg"
> gdk_imlib_load_file_to_pixmap  (FILENAME, Picture, PictureMask) to no avail
> (just crashes).
>
> Is there a better way to do this???  I'm pretty much new to GTK but I am
> picking it up quick.

You probably forgot to initialise imlib.

Otherwise take a look at a very small image viewer I wrote with
gtk/imlib. It is less than 500 lines of code, so it should be fairly
reasonable to read.

It is at: http://www.seindal.dk/rene/software/imview/

Good luck.

--