RE: [gtk-list] Need to make a new text/icons widget

> I need to to make a new widget.  This widget should be able to contain
> text.  It should be able to show several fonts at once, as well as show
> "icons" (either simple rectangle "buttons" or shaped clickable icons)
> interspersed.  I am wondering where to start.  Should I check out the
> GtkText widget and see about adding the ability to place the icons, or
> should I start from somewhere else?

You might want to look into the GtkMozilla widget, which is a way of
embedding the Mozilla web-browser into your app ... you could display an
HTML page with all the fonts you can shake a stick at, along with embedded
HTML form elements like buttons, combo-boxes, etc.  I haven't used it, but
I'm assuming that there's some way to intercept an event when a user clicks
on a button.  Might save you a lot of work.

Regards,
Tim