Re: [gtk-list] Re: Mouseless GTK+

Preben Randhol wrote:

> Kent Schumacher <kent@structural-wood.com> writes:
>
> [...]
> | This was (and is, I guess) a pretty well liked navigation strategy.
>
> But what will you do when the widget you reach too was a Text widget?
>
> If one wants to edit some text and press down or up to get to the
> bottom / top, then I would find it annoying if I suddenly lost focus
> because I pressed the arrow key one to many times.

This was why the navigation system ate an arrow keystroke.  This was
enough of a 'break' in the action to keep the user from exiting the widget
if their intent was to stay there.  Obviously the number of keystrokes eaten
was (and should be) configurable from 0 to n eaten to handle
users with varying reaction times.

> Of course one could have shift + arrow key or ctrl + arrow key or
> something for moving between widgets, but I feel that plain arrow keys
> is not the Right Thing[tm] :-)

(grin)
Kent