Re: Bugs in Gtk+/Glib-1.2.4

"Marting.Weber" <MARTING.WEBER@Allianz.de> writes:

> I ported the GIMP plugin gflare to Gtk 1.2.x. But when I call it I get some
> error message. I think it is a Gtk problem and not a gflare problem. Please
> tell me if it is my problem.
> Here is the message I get when I start the gflare plugin:
> Gtk_WARNING **: gtk_scrolled_window_add(): cannot add non scrollable widget use
> gtk_scrolled_window_add_with_viewport() instead
> failed.
> But the funtion gtk_scrolled_window_add() is never used by the plugin.

 gtk_container_add (GTK_CONTAINER (listbox), list);

(See docs/Changes-1.2.txt)

> The second message appears when clicking on edit:
> Gtk_WARNING **: gtk_widget_size_allocate(): attempt to allocate widget with
> width 65505 and height 65531
> Gtk_WARNING **: gtk_widget_size_allocate(): attempt to allocate widget with
> width 65505 and height 65531
> Gtk_WARNING **: gtk_widget_size_allocate(): attempt to allocate widget with
> width 65505 and height 65531
> Gtk_WARNING **: gtk_widget_size_allocate(): attempt to allocate widget with
> width 65505 and height 65531
> Gtk_WARNING **: gtk_widget_size_allocate(): attempt to allocate widget with
> width 65505 and height 65531
> Gtk_WARNING **: gtk_widget_size_allocate(): attempt to allocate widget with
> width 65505 and height 65531
> Gtk_WARNING **: gtk_widget_size_allocate(): attempt to allocate widget with
> width 65505 and height 65531
> Gtk_WARNING **: gtk_widget_size_allocate(): attempt to allocate widget with
> width 65505 and height 65531
> Gtk_WARNING **: gtk_widget_size_allocate(): attempt to allocate widget with
> width 65505 and height 65531
> failed.

These are most likely produced by some bugs we are working on fixing
for GTK+-1.2.5

> Please help to fix the bug. Here is the exact place where you can find the
> gflare_ plugin for GIMP:
> http://registry.gimp.org/plugins/gflare_/gflare.tgztop

> GLib-CRITICAL **: file gmain.c: line 500 (g_source_remove): assertion 'tag > 0'
> GLib-CRITICAL **: file gmain.c: line 500 (g_source_remove): assertion 'tag > 0'

Not sure where these are coming from. The timeout / idle
code looks like it should work.

(Though note that the tags are defined as being guints with
 valid values strictly greater than zero, so you should generally
 use 0 as a flag value for an unset timeout, not -1)

To track this down, you can run your program under a
debugger with the --g-fatal-warnings command line option.

Regards,
                                        Owen