Re: [gtk-list] Re: GTK+-1.2.6 question

Thanks for the info.  I think my libraries are fine.  It's my header files
I'm having problems with.  I'm not sure if I can just delete the old GTK+
headers and then try to install.

Peace.....

Tom

"ben stalcup" <bdstalcup@hotmail.com> on 10/12/99 10:47:11 AM

Please respond to gtk-list@redhat.com

To:   gtk-list@redhat.com
cc:    (bcc: Tom Williams/HQ/dssi)
Subject:  [gtk-list] Re: GTK+-1.2.6 question

i was having about the same problem...
i installed glib-1.2.5, glib-1.2.3 came my installation and i've been
trying
to install gtk+-1.2.5. but glib-1.2.3 files were distributed throughout the
'/usr' directory and i kept getting errors mentioning 1.2.3. i edited
'/etc/ld.so.conf', adding '/usr/local/lib' on the line before '/usr/lib' as
the other fellow advised. ran 'ldconfig -v', but there was no change in the
error message that i received when trying to configure gtk. so what i did
was edit the configure file for glib to install in some new directory, so
that i could have a quick look at what was actually placed where. then i
compared this new installation to the '/usr' directory, deleting files of
the same name which were left over from 1.2.3. ran 'ldconfig -v' again then
'./configure' in the gtk installation directory. the configure script ran
without a hitch. finally...
hope this is a help to some of you.
benjamin stalcup

----Original Message Follows----
Hi!  I'm trying to upgrade glib/gtk+ from 1.2.4 to 1.2.6. I just installed
glib-1.2.6 on my Solaris 2.7 SPARC box and I'm now trying to install
GTK+-1.2.6.  GTK+ builds just fine, but when I go to install it, the
libraries install and gtk-config installs but the 1.2.6 headers don't
install so I'm left with 1.2.6 libs and 1.2.4 headers.
Thanks in advance for your time!
Peace.....
Tom Williams
tom.williams@diversifiedsoftware.com