Re: [gtk-list] Re: Perl/Gtk CVS 19990922

On Fri, Oct 01, 1999 at 08:42:38PM +0000, Dermot Musgrove wrote:
> I was never really sure about my imlib :-) I have rebuilt imlib from
> the CVS version 1.9.7, rebuilt gtk+, rebuilt gnome-libs-1.0.16, rebuilt
> gnome-perl (from CVS yesterday) and rebuilt glade (from CVS yesterday) but
> the little script (and my big one that uses Gnome::Pixmap) still dumps core.
>
> The only other light than I can shed is that in the gnome-perl 'make test'
> I particlarly tried the Gdk stuff and got hundreds of messages like:
>     Gdk-WARNING **: losing last reference to undestroyed window
> from the GdkImlib test as it exited.

This is another problem (its fixed in my cvs tree at home, hadn't time
to commit yet (yes memory management with imlib is tricky).

> Also the RawGdk test just showed a black square and refused to go away,
> even after I had quit the test UI, until I kill()ed the perl process that
> was left running, no core dumps though.

Well, that's a "raw" test, look at the code and you'll realize that it's
supposed to da just that:-)

> Everything else seems fine, Glade runs and other Gtk apps seem happy.
>
> > You may try to run the script with gdb to what's going on.
> I have never used gdb (successfully). How do I use it to debug such a
> script? You mentioned 'perldebug' ages ago but I never worked out what
> you meant.

$ gdb /path/to/perldebug
gdb> set args my_script
gdb> run