RE: automount problem

[I've changed the subject to something hopefully more accurate.]

I'm on a Solaris system, and we have automounts galore.  (Simplified
version of reality follows...)  Everybody's home directory is on one
particular machine in /export/home with automount to /home on any
machine you log into.  On my workstation, if I 'ls -l /home'  I see only
my own home directory, unless someone else is logged in, or I have
specifically done a 'ls /home/someoneelse' recently.  There are no
symbolic links involved.

Some Solaris guru (I'm not) should be able to explain how this is
done, and whether it's relevant to this discussion.

Jack
jack_h_ostroff@groton.pfizer.com