Re: [gtk-list] running ssh-agent before gnome-session

On Thu, Nov 25, 1999 at 10:51:23AM +0100, Martin Norbäck wrote:
> There is a program called ssh-agent that lets you type your ssh key
> passphrase and then informs ssh of it every time you connect. This saves
> a lot of typing, since the passphrase is quite long.
>
> The problem is that for this to work, gnome-session needs either to
> inherit the environment variables set by the command "eval `ssh-agent`"
> or to be run by ssh-agent with "ssh-agent gnome-session".
>
> Does anyone have a clean solution to my problem?
use
  ssh-agent your-window-manager
in your .xsession or however your X startup session is called at work.

Nils

--
Plug-and-Play is really nice, unfortunately it only works 50% of the time.
To be specific the "Plug" almost always works.            --unknown source

PGP signature