Re: [gtk-list] compiling glib

Menno Schaap wrote:

> /usr/include/bits/errno.h:25: linux/errno.h:25 No such file or directory #{this
> file does exist}
> make[2]: ***[giounix..lo] Error 1
> make[2]: Leaving directory............................

Make sure that /usr/include/linux is a symlink to
/usr/src/linux/include/linux.
Not coincidentally, you'll also want to make sure that /usr/include/asm
points to /usr/src/include/asm.  Which, if I remember correctly, is
itself a symlink.

Have you been screwing around with your kernel sources lately, moving
stuff around?  Because that's how I found out about these links --
always check and make sure they exist after you've compiled a new kernel
or moved things around.

Also, if you compile your own compiler, it will force you to fix things
first.  So you might want to take the more drastic step of installing
gcc-2.95.2 (NOT .1 or .0) as well.

Have fun and be sure to look at Glade,

http://glade.pn.org/

a fantastic GUI builder for GTK+.  You can build Python, Perl, C++, or C
programs with it, assuming you have the requisite extensions.  Also look
at the quickie tutorial on libglade.

As soon as I have time, I'm hoping to make C, C++, Perl, and Python
versions of my simple To-Do list application, since I myself am still
learning how to write "real" GTK+ apps.

--
     "My new house has twenty Windows NT machines,
      and they can do sophisticated things like