Re: [gtk-list] Centering dialogs WRT main window (NOT screen)

On Tue, 16 Nov 1999, Brian Stempel wrote:

>   I am trying to center a dialog on top of the parent main application
> window, and although I can hack around with the values of the width &
> height, x & y positions, etc., and almost get there, this seems very
> hackish, and I was wondering if a more elegant solution existed within
> the confines of gtk+ proper. Can anyone help? Thanks,

There is no non-hackish way. AbiWord has a reasonable function to do this,
but it isn't guaranteed to work according to Owen and it is mildly
inefficient. Nonetheless it's the best code to copy I know of right now.

GnomeDialog will do this automatically in the next version of Gnome, but
I haven't implemented it yet.

Havoc