Re: [gtk-list] Re: How to put a window on top ?

On Wed, Nov 17, 1999 at 11:46:47AM +0100,
Erik Mouw <J.A.K.Mouw@its.tudelft.nl> wrote:
> It's just the way GTK works. Raising a window is done by the GDK layer, so
> you have to give it a GDK window which is in the GTK structure. I agree
> that from a object oriented view it is not nice to be bothered with the
> implementation of an object, but sometimes you just have to leave that
> idea.

I don't see why. What's wrong with a gtk_widget_get_window() or
gtk_widget_get_gdk_window()? If you're *really* worried about function
call overhead, just make it a macro.

--
Eric Gillespie, Jr. <*> epg@pobox.com

"I thought I was in love once. Later I learned it was an inner ear
 infection."
 --Constable Benton Fraser (Due South)

PGP signature