Re: [gtk-list] ANNOUNCE: Glade 0.5.5 available

Damon Chaplin <damon@karuna.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:

> Glade 0.5.5 is available at http://glade.pn.org

>  o Added back the 'Data' & 'Object' fields on the 'Signals' page, though I
>    still think people shouldn't use these.

Why? Or rather, what is the better alternative that you imply?

I use the data field to pass a "this" pointer to the call-back
functions since my main program is C++ but I do not use Gtk--[1].

If there is a better way to achieve this, I would like to know it.

[1] Gtk-- was not stable when I started programming this program, and
right now I do not want to waste time changing the code.

--
Mvh. Anders