Re: [gtk-list] Re: A "dumb" question needs an answer.. Y2K??

On Mon, 08 Nov 1999 11:52:54 -0500, Marc wrote:

> Thanks for the reply Erik...
>
> Unfortunately, my employer DOES believe in the Y2K FUD.  They
> want to remove ANY software that has not been deemed Y2K compliant
> even if it isn't mission critical in and of itself.  They believe
> that any application like this could cause systems to crash or
> cause other applications to malfunction.

You mean that the people responsible for Y2K testing in your company don't
know what the Y2K problem really is?

Now if you just promise them that you won't

> On your other note, yes, I could do the Y2K testing myself, but the

No. If your company is really serious about Y2K, the Y2K test team should
do the audit because that's their job. If they don't know how to do that,
then the wrong people are set on that job.