Re: [gtk-list] GTK/GLIB Installation.

Thus spoke Dustin Ingerosoll
> I'm running RH 5.2, and am trying to install gtk 1.2.2 I have installed or
> thought I installed GLIB 1.2.2 I have done the ./configure and ran the make and
> now it tells me that it has installed the stuff to /usr/local/bin, now when i
> try to install gtk it tells me that it can't find GLIB 1.2.2 or higher. Can
> anyone help me with the installation of gtk and glib?

Remove the old installation of Gtk, which is probably under /usr/lib (and
various other places).  You probably installed Gtk 1.0.x using an RPM
previously.  Gtk 1.2.2 is finding the old version of Glib.  Alternatively,
you my be able to set GLIB_CONFIG to /usr/local/bin/glib-config (assuming
thats where the 1.2.2 glib-config tool has been installed) and try building
GTK 1.2.2 again.
--
Michael J. Hammel           |
The Graphics Muse           | Tell me what you need, and I'll tell you how to