Re: [gtk-list] Re: more than one display

As the well known Havoc Pennington said...
->
->On Sun, 30 May 1999, Erwin Rol wrote:
->>
->> PS. are their future plans to support multiple displays ?
->>
->
->I'm not sure; I think there's a general sense that it would be nice, but I
->don't know if anyone's decided "I'm going to implement multiple displays
->next month."
->
->It probably isn't that hard, but it would involve a lot of typing. (I
->guess adding a display member to lots of the Gdk data structures... then
	Not a very good idea. Some fast loopback code should be better,
	and will dramatically reduce the More-Than-One-X-Display code.
	[Ouch... As it will be called very often, it should be very fast,
	in fact - One more for the thing I thought about in a previous
	post : since you have a pointer to the parent on each widget,
	you may easily go back to the GdkDisplay stuff to get the pointer
	to the display. This is only an idea, of course.].

->there's probably some Gtk and application code that assumes a single
->display.) Owen and Tim could give you a better idea what's planned and
->what changes are needed.

	So there should be a default allocated display (as there is allready
	one, this should not be very difficult).

->
->Havoc
->
->
->--
->To unsubscribe: mail -s unsubscribe gtk-list-request@redhat.com < /dev/null
->

   Emmanuel DELOGET [pixel] pixel@{dotcom.fr,epita.fr}  ----  DotCom SA
         http://www.epita.fr/~pixel | http://www.dotcom.fr/~pixel
"On the last day, God created Linux. And Microsoft won its antitrust case"