Re: [gtk-list] Looking for internationalization info

On Mon, 31 May 1999 robert_gasch@peoplesoft.com wrote:

Hi !

> I would like to give my app the ability to 'speak' different
> languages. I've seen a few other packages which do this
> but looking at the sources proved to be less than revealing
> and the GTK docs don't seem to covert this topic.
>
> Let's start with the 2 most basic questions:
>
> 1) How do I tell a GTK app that I want to use a different
> language (assuming the translated language files do
> exist)?
>
> 2) Can anybody point to towards a document which
> explains the whole internationalization thing in a bit
> greater detail?

There is GNU gettext package , which provide library libintl, which
handles mesage catalogs for different native languages.
For more information download that package ,and read docs.

Bye,
Stevo.

---
Stefan Ondrejicka <ondrej@idata.sk>
Beethovenova 11, 917 08 Trnava, Slovakia
http://www.idata.sk/~ondrej/