Looking for internationalization info

Hi,

I would like to give my app the ability to 'speak' different
languages. I've seen a few other packages which do this
but looking at the sources proved to be less than revealing
and the GTK docs don't seem to covert this topic.

Let's start with the 2 most basic questions:

1) How do I tell a GTK app that I want to use a different
language (assuming the translated language files do
exist)?

2) Can anybody point to towards a document which
explains the whole internationalization thing in a bit
greater detail?

Thanks a lot
--> Robert