Re: [gtk-list] Re: problem with alignments

Owen Taylor wrote:

> The first two parameters, that you've set to 1.0, 1.0, are
> xscale and yscale. If you set them to 0., 0. then the child
> won't expand.

I have obtained what I wanted by creating alignment with:

gtk_alignment_new( 1, 1, 0, 0)

The conclusion of this is that alignment work like this:
- object inserted (child) in the alignment is centered in the alignment
- first 2 parameters tells alignment how much of his parent to use
- last 2 parameters tells to the child how to expand (aka 0.5 will make
the child expand to 0.5 of the alignment).

At least this is what I see from my program:

- the child is centered
- the alignment use all the space provided by the parent
- the child doesn't expand

Please tell me if I'm wrong or explain me better what these parameters
actually do.

TIA,

Ionutz
--
Mental backup in progress - Do Not Disturb!